Thursday 28 July 2011

An impromptu night in the backyard with some of our neighbors.

It's been a while since I've had the time or the energy to sit down and bring this blog up to date. Our last two weeks since we returned to Chilliwack have been a blur. I'm happy to report that my prayer to open our house up to our neighbors and friends has transpired! Tonight we had my friend and "soul sister" (your prayers have already been answered April),  Sarah come over with her 3 munchkins for dinner. I think I have mentioned Sarah before, but just incase, I will reinstate that she is a total answer to prayer. She lives just across the lane way from me and attends the same church. We prayed together our first morning together and have been meeting every week, sometimes more than once,  to pray together and hold eachother accountable. I've never been so functional and excited to roll out of bed to pray at 6am! Sarah and I are so similar in character, that at times it worries me. However, I have thanked God for her each day as we get to know eachother deeper. Besides Sarah, my neighbor Shay came over with her little daughter, Molly. Shay has quite the story to tell and I am so thankful that she feels comfortable to share it with me. We've had a couple great talks in my back yard or on our shared front lawn; I pray there are more.

Here are a few pictures of our night together. It was a riot, complete with air bounce (brought over by Sarah) and a visit from Bubble Gum the snake!
Deflating the air bounce- I finally thought to get out the camera!

Isaac is always full of smiles :)

Cade and Kara showing off their "head stands"

Sydney (who turned 5 yesterday) masters it!

Emily, Kara and Molly sharing secrets???

Molly and mommy Shay

When Dave came out with his guitar all the kids settled down next to him for some pre-bed-time worship. 




Kara is in heaven sharing her back yard with her new friends...

Molly, Kara and Cade are getting sleepy...

Bubble Gum the snake! Sydney was so brave!

I'm proud to say that this snake is totally my friend, until she grows longer than my arm that is.

Bubble Gum shows off her strength

Emily wasn't too sure, but would touch Bubble Gum as long as her slithering red fork tongue was nowhere in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment